I like Starbucks’ Chai Tea Latte as much as the next person, but with a whopping 42 grams of sugar in a Grande, it’s worth trying a healthier alternative.
I think this recipe tastes almost as good at around 10 grams of sugar (from the milk). The recipe involves actually brewing the tea in milk, instead of water. This gives a similar taste to the Starbucks version, but without the pound of added sugar. Try out this easy recipe for a refreshing afternoon energy boost.
- 1 cup of milk or however much fits in your mug (I used 2%)
- 2 teabags (I used Tazo)
- Cinnamon and Stevia to taste
- Heat milk on the stove or in the microwave until it’s hot, but not boiling.
- Steep tea bags for about 15 minutes. It needs to steep for longer than usual because of the milk.
- Stir in cinnamon and Stevia.
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
Don’t forget to leave a comment to tell me how your drink turned out!