I’ve been getting a lot of questions about which WordPress plugins I use. Specifically, people ask about the Instagram plugin at the bottom of my blog. This doesn’t really use a plugin, but is just a feature of my theme (found here). Since my theme has a lot of cool built-in features, I may not use as many plugins as some other bloggers. However, I definitely still use some. One of the major advantages that WordPress has over Blogger or other site builders is the ability to add thousands of different plugins. Here are the ones that I use.
- Disqus Comment System: Far superior to the standard WP comment system, this is a must for increasing engagement.
- EWWW Image Optimizer: Increase your page loading speed by optimizing your giant images. This works with virtually no loss of image quality.
- Facebook Fan Page Widget: Self explanatory.
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP: This allows you to view analytics conveniently from your WP dashboard.
- Hide Admin Bar and Toolbar: This seems basic, but please get rid of that ugly toolbar at the top of your blog!
- Reduce Bounce Rate: Also self explanatory, and very important.
- Updraft Plus – Backup/Restore: Don’t lose all your hard work.
- Yoast SEO: One of the most commonly installed plugins for SEO – this makes post optimization so easy.
- WP Super Cache: Basically, this makes your site load faster as well.
- MailChimp Forms by Optin Cat: This is what I use for my email pop-up.
Do you have another blogging question you want me to answer? Submit it here.