*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of 7UP®. The opinions and text are all mine. #7UPUPGRADE #Contest
I put together a simple and indulgent drink recipe that is sure to impress your significant other or best girlfriends. This is also a great drink to mix up in large servings for any type of event or social night with friends. It involves just a few readily available ingredients and can be put together in a matter of minutes. This quick and easy recipe will allow you to spend minimal time in the kitchen and maximum time enjoying your night, whether it’s a romantic evening or late night spent watching chick flicks. I’ll be mixing up this drink again for both occasions.
7UP is the star ingredient in this drink. I really love the versatility of this lemon-lime soda. You can use it in fun punch recipes, mixed drinks and cocktails, or even in baking and marinade recipes. It’s the perfect base to any cocktail since it is bubbly, sweet, and already has a hint of lime flavor. There’s no need to pick up limes at the store and deal with cutting them. There are endless drink varieties that you could whip up with a little creativity.
I opted for a low-calorie drink by using Diet 7UP, but I would recommend picking up both diet and regular to please all of your guests. You can purchase 7UP at your local Hy-Vee® store. There’s a great coupon out right now – buy any TWO 6-pack 7.5 oz. cans or 8-pack 12 oz. bottles (used in this post) and get the third FREE (offer valid 2/12/17-3/11/17). Find the coupon here. Read on for the full recipe.
Ingredients (makes one drink):
- 1 oz. (1 shot) your choice of cake vodka or vanilla-flavored vodka
- 7UP or Diet 7UP, as needed
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- Store-bought or homemade cupcakes for garnish (optional)
- Pour one shot of cake or vanilla vodka into a glass over ice.
- Fill the rest of the glass with 7UP.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring.
- Top with desired garnish. I used store-bought mini red velvet cupcakes, but bonus points if you make them yourself!
- Serve drinks and wait for the praise and ‘what’s in this?!’ questions to roll in.
You could also swap out the diet 7UP for the cherry flavor!
I topped my drinks with mini cupcakes so that dessert and drinks are covered in one swoop. Tip – cut the bottom of the cupcakes first with a knife before putting them on the glass. You can also find more drink and food inspiration on 7UP’s website.
Want to create your own 7UP recipe or switch mine up a little? You can enter a Pinterest contest for a chance to win a $1,000 gift card to Hy-Vee to host your next social night. Here are the rules:
- You must be 21 years of age or older to enter
- Runs from 2/12/17 – 3/11/17
- Open to residents of IA, IL, KS, MN, MO, MS, NE, SD, WI
- Create a Pin Board titled, “#MY7UPUPGRADE”
- Pin at least 10 inspirational images or articles that you’d like to use for your next social night. At least 5 of those pins must include 7UP in the image or article.
- All pins must include #MY7UPUPGRADE #Contest in the text
- Register your board at www.com/Hy-Vee
- You’ll be entered to win a $1,000 Hy-Vee gift card to host your next social night!
- All qualified entrants will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on creativity and best aligning with the 7UP brand.